Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Why did we keep...

I am way behind in my blogging.  It really slowed me down when the free internet I was piggy backing on decided to go password protected and didn't tell me the password.  So rude!  Anyways, that is my excuse on to the posting.

A couple of weeks ago I was trying to figure out how to come up with the money to pay my bills.  I looked around and decided I have a bunch of "stuff" that other people might want so I cleaned out everything that I owned that I thought might be of some value, mom did the same, and we posted a big digital garage sale on ebay, amazon, and half.com.  One of the easiest things to list was the DVDs so we listed a bunch of those. Later that evening, I was in the kitchen when mom yelled out from the bedroom

"Hey, Hope!  Why did we keep someone like you?!"


Ummmmm,


"what?" I responded hoping this was some sort of weird joke I wasn't getting and not my mother regretting having me as part of her family.  She repeated "Why did we keep someone like you?!" and I thought about it for a minute.  Just before I went off the deep end of despair I realized she was referring to the DVD Someone like you.  With a sigh of relief I yelled back, "I like that DVD!" followed by "you'll never guess what I thought you said!"

After retelling the story from my end we laughed until there were tears in our eyes.  Aubrey came in and I told her the story which just got the giggles going again.





Someone like you is a funny movie all about the new cow theory.  It makes me laugh but from now on I will giggle when I think of this movie because of the glitch in communication I had with my mother and the split second that I doubted I was wanted in my family.  :)

Mom, I know you're glad you kept someone like me around to share this story with the blog world.  Love ya!

3 comments:

  1. Love you back, baby! I love the way you write!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story made me laugh. :o) I'm glad you posted a comment on my blog. Now I can catch up through your blog!

    ReplyDelete