Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Do you smell something burning?

I have this cute little kitchen. Because it is small, spaces get used for more then one purpose.



My dad mom (thanks for the reminder mom) had this great idea when I first moved in to use some extra shelves that I had to create more counter space over the stove top.

You can probably guess by now where this story is going but I am going to tell it anyways. The other day I moved the boards from the front to put a pot of soup on the stove. I was busy working in the kitchen when I smelled something burning. I turned back to the stove to see flames coming from the back of my stove.

I had turned on the wrong burner!

I quickly removed the boards from the stove top, put them in the sink, and ran water over them.



Thankfully this was the only damage.

I still use my stove top counter surface but I am much more careful about which burner I turn on. Don't try this at home. I'm a trained professional. :)

- On the go post from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Much as I love your Dad, I was the one that put the shelves on the stove. He is brilliant anyway-

    ReplyDelete