Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

What a difference a year makes


As I was happily walking through Target last night I found myself remembering a post I wrote a year ago.  "I went to Target this evening expecting that small comfort of home only to walk into some strange new layout.  It was just wrong."  Last night I was able to quickly find the things I need and felt at home there.  I even ran into a friend from school.  I was happy, I was confident and at peace.  It was such a stark contrast to how I was feeling a year ago.

Again today, as I was walking to my first class of this semester, I found myself reflecting back on a post from last year.  "I think they made the path to my class twice or even three times as long today!  Halfway there I started questioning whether I was going to make it.  Thankfully there is this nice low steel parking fence thing in the shade where I was able to sit and collect myself before continuing on."  Today I walked quickly past that low steel fence and smiled because I had no need to stop and rest there.  

Within the past year I have made so many new friends, learned a lot in school, walked so much more and I joined Weight Watchers.  I have lost 73 pounds and it has made a HUGE difference in every aspect of my life.  My knees don't hurt from walking to class.  I am sleeping so much better.  I have way more energy.  I fit in the desks at school.

I am enjoying the good changes from this past year and am so excited to see where I am a year from now.  Watch out world!

10 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. I am so Proud of you! AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE YOU! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are one of the coolest chicks I know. Seriously. Beautiful both inside and out. There is no doubt my experience in the SLP program has been enriched merely because of your presence. Your quick wit and bright smile are always a highlight to my day. Congratulations on your success, and thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You look so great. I hope you have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Hope!!! I'm glad things are going well. :) I heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Hope what a wonderful post to read! I'm so excited for the journey you are on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I teared up reading this Hopie! You are amazing! So excited for you and all the wonderful things you are doing in your life! WOW! We really need a canasta/phase10/fun game night so we can see how great you look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one of the bravest people I know, sweet pea. I am really, really proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it great when you can find that happy place and it is not in the middle of a bag of chips or a half gallon of cookies and cream??! Of course, I love you no matter what you look like but so know where you are coming from on the weight loss front.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS!! You look amazing! LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete