Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A day spent with the family

This morning I went and met up with my family at Adam and Vicky's apartment to help them move.  Charlie was out of sorts.  I think he could sense that his normally orderly "world" was now all in boxes.  He was happiest when his dad was holding him but he did have a few happy moments with his soon coming cousin... Special K.  Let me explain.  Lauren and Stephen are expecting a baby in November and they have decided not to find out the gender until birth day.  They have names picked out for each gender and both names start with K so I refer to my upcoming niece/nephew as Special K.  
Here Lauren is holding Charlie sitting on top of Special K. :)  You can just barely see the smile peeking out on Charlie's face.  It should be interesting to see what kind of friends these future cousins will ultimately be.

Aaron and Samantha wanted to help with the moving.  They picked up everything small enough for them to carry and took it out to the van.  They were very cute.  When they ran out of things to move the found the bag of Cheetos that Aubrey had brought with the leftovers from her party from the night before.  Samantha's favorite thing to do with them was to feed them to Dad, or Poppy as she calls him.

When Lauren and I were finished giving emotional support with the moving we decided to get some lunch at Chili's.  Guess what?!  Ok, I don't know if you know but once a year Chili's dedicates a month to celebrate me and this is that month!!  See...
Ok, so technically the proceeds go to St. Jude but still... I like getting all the Hope stuff.  The picture above is of 6 different coasters that when placed together make this Hope chili.  We had the best waitress I think I've ever had at Chili's.  We had a stack of coasters with the letter E on them on our table and when Lauren asked about the other letters our waitress went around the whole restaurant looking for the remaining pieces of the puzzle.  She found them all!  She was great and we made sure to tell her manager how great she was.  It was nice having lunch with Lauren.  Thanks for lunch Lauren!

So that was my day spent with my family.  They are pretty great.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! I can't believe you got all those cool coasters. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They totally do it to celebrate you:D Lola looks great!

    ReplyDelete