Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Moving Day

Today my family all banded together to get me moved before school starts.  I rented a truck to pack all my things in but when I went to sign the papers they mentioned that the "little" truck I had rented was not available but they would give me a slightly larger truck for the same price.   How big is slightly larger?  The truck was huge!  I think it might even have been larger then the efficiency that I was moving into.  Thankfully my brother saved me and went and picked up the giant truck for me and then drove it back again.  Thanks Christopher!  You are my hero!
Today was a whirlwind day and I couldn't help but feel loved as my friends and family rallied around me and we got everything moved in only a couple of hours.  Lauren brought the most delicious muffin and my favorite cookie, snicker-doodles!  We all caravanned up to Denton and had the truck unloaded before we could even get the fish tank filled.  After the truck was unpacked we took a break and went to the Grand Chinese Buffet.  It was definitely "grand"!  There were FOUR rows DOUBLE sided full of yummy food selections.  It was grand!
My favorite part of the day came after lunch when my friends and siblings had to leave and I got to spend the rest of the afternoon ALONE with my parents.  When you have 8 siblings time alone with one, let alone BOTH, of your parents is precious.  My mom unpacked almost every box and my dad put up all my shelves and cabinets and towel hangers.  There were not words to describe the love and gratitude I felt having their time and service.
I am truly blessed.  Thanks guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment