Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Orientation

Today was orientation for grad school.  My stomach was all tied up in knots.  What if I didn't make any friends?  What if it was all over my head?  What if I stuck out like a sore thumb?  The one thing I didn't have to stress over was the commute.  My front door literally opens out to the parking lot of my school building.

I nervously made my way across the parking lot and was so excited to actually see a couple of faces I recognized from UTD undergrad.  Instant friends!  Hooray!

We toured the building and then were informed that because of the size of our class that was admitted this fall that all of our classes will be in other buildings around campus.  The only problem is there is no closer parking then the Speech Language Hearing (SLH) building so "Hello Forced Exercise!".

So Day One of the walking went ok.  Don't get me wrong, it was hot and hard and my knees were a little uncertain as to when I had lost my mind to expect them to do so much but as I finally made it back to my  front door I felt such a rush and a sense of accomplishment.  I can do this!  As I am molding my brain into a world class SLP (Speech Language Pathologist) I will also finally be able to sculpt my body into something I will be happier with.  Bring it on!

1 comment: