Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

walked and walked and walked and walked

I spent the day with Allie yesterday.  We got ALL my errands done.  We walked all over IKEA and Target and Office Max AND Walmart.  I'm kicking myself for not bringing my knee brace.  It would have really helped.  Meet my knees new best friends...
Between these two bottles I am moving slowly about today.  I have class this afternoon but I am feeling pretty confident about the walk.  I did it monday and it wasn't that bad so I'm ready to conquer it again.

Last night Rachael came over and helped me fix some things around my apartment (including my bed...a whole other story).  We had some excitement while she was here.  We were taking my bed a part to figure out what the problem was when we heard a big BANG from the kitchen and then ALL the power in the apartment went off!  We soon discovered that this metal sign that I had hanging over the stove in the kitchen...
had fallen down behind my electric stove, fell across the 2 prongs of the plug, and shorted out my entire apartment.  After many frantic phone calls (including one to my dad) and several hours of fretting, it was finally discovered that the master fuse had been tripped and had to be reset.  Did you even know there was a master fuse?  I didn't.  Mine is located next to my electric meter so if this ever happens again remind me so I can just fix it myself.

So, Rachael helped me get my bed back together AND put my curtains up.  I LOVE my curtains!  Thank you Rachael!   You can kind of see them behind the bottles posted above.  They are so cute!
Ok, well I am off to class.  Wish me luck with my hike across campus.  Me and those pioneer children.  We are all about the walking and walking and walking....

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! I love the way the curtains turned out! Yay for Ikea and Rachael!

    ReplyDelete