Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

The end (hopefully) of the Bed Saga

My parents came tonight.  My dad brought with him all sorts of tools and stuff to whip my bed into shape.  Before he did anything to it he asked me for a flashlight and crawled underneath to get a look at what was going on.  I should have taken a picture of it but I didn't.  Anyways, while he was looking under the hood of my bed he said "I see the problem".  Evidently my bed is warped.  I blame that on Denton.  Anyways, the sides were evidently bowing out so Dad created this device to pull the sides in together.



It involved a wire hanger, some extra bed parts and some ribbon.  He and mom both jumped on it after it was fixed so it should be all fixed.  Hooray!  I get to sleep in my own bed tonight!

While I had them here I managed to get them to help me with a couple other projects.  Mom and I unpacked all my decoration stuff and put it on my shelves.


Yes, the E is backwards.  Mom did that. She said it is to remind me you don't ALWAYS have to be perfect.  I love it!

We also finally got around to hanging pictures on the walls.


 I don't know if you read in my earlier post that I was avoiding putting them up.  If I didn't decorate then I could pretend that this is not really where I live.  I was in denial. :)

Dad put up the room divider curtains that I purchased at Ikea a while ago.

Aren't they awesome!  I absolutely love them!  Thanks Dad!  You have to come see them to truly appreciate how great they are... open invitation to come visit. :)

My apartment is now my home.  My things are on the wall.  My bed is sleep-able.  My house smells like Mom's herbal muscle rub, and I can still smell Dad on his hanky that he left with me.  For right now, in this moment, I am at peace.

1 comment: