Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Side effects of TV

I am happy to report that I am feeling better.  I watched a lot of TV last week.  I watched every episode of Leverage and several seasons of Hells Kitchen.   In leverage the computer guy, Hardison, is always drinking orange soda.

In every episode of Hell's Kitchen they cook steak.  For most of the week I was so sick that the only things I really ate were cup o soup, popsicles and scrambled eggs because they were easy on my throat.  I didn't have much of an appetite because the pain medications they gave me made my stomach queasy.  As the week came to an end, and my appetite began to return, I found myself craving Steak and Orange Soda. :)

Allie and I went to Texas Road House to get a steak and then I stopped by Target and picked up an Orange soda.  I wish I could report that they were everything I dreamed they would be.  I think my taste buds might still be sick because both brands of orange soda that I tasted were terrible and the steak tasted like dog food.  I KNOW that the food at Texas Roadhouse ROCKS and EVERY orange soda cannot taste like vitamins with a funky metallic aftertaste soooooooo I am left with no other conclusion but that my taste buds are not right.

I watched another episode of Leverage last night and found myself once again craving orange soda.  So here I am stuck in a hard spot.  My brain thinks it really wants some orange soda but my taste buds remember how not refreshing it was last time... maybe I will try some Sunny Delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment