Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Swimming

Last night I went down the to "pohl recreation center" here on campus to check it out.  It's amazing!  You walk in the front door and see this...
There were tons of people there because they were having some big start of the semester party.  I still got a chance to look around a bit.  Here are a couple more pictures of this fantastic facility.
There is this great walking/jogging track all the way around the top of the building.  From there you get a great view of all the exercise equipment.
There are TV's on each exercise machine!  It's enough to make me consider more then just the forced exercise UNT has provided me with. :)  Ok, on to the reason why I went to the pohl recreation center to begin with....
I went to check out the pool and try to loosen up my knee.  With all the walking my knees have been killing me.  I have been careful with them and finally got the right one feeling better but the left one has been a bit stubborn.  I thought it would help if I used it in a less stressful situation.  This pool rocks!  It has a swirling vortex, a lazy river for floating, underwater seating, and a huge hot tub.  I walked around in the water for a bit, swam some laps and then ended up in the hot tub where i was able to do some stretches.  My knee was still sore last night but this morning it was feeling much better.   Thanks pohl recreation center!

1 comment: